On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:40:28 +0200
Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > * ordering for _pre is wrong.
>
> hm?

foo-0.26-live would become foo-0.26_pre1, which would be < 0.26. This
is clearly wrong.

> > * How are you planning to handle reinstalls? Should installing world
> > always reinstall live things? Never? Or what?
>
> depends on the other ebuilds

More specifically?

> > * How are live ebuilds selected by the package manager?
>
> live ebuilds gets considered as preN+1 for any purpose.

So you're saying they *always* get reinstalled as a new version if
they're part of the dep tree?

> > * What's the filename for "live ebuild for SVN trunk/"? What about
>
> foo-${version inside trunk}.live?

And when trunk is unversioned?

> > "live ebuild for SVN branches/0.26/"?
>
> foo-0.26.live?

Orders incorrectly when 0.26.1 has been released.

> What is inside the template is just concern of the ebuild writer. I
> suggest to use the same version as marked in the configure or other
> version value the release will get once upstream decides to release.

There's no way of getting the desired effect with current dep specs.

--
Ciaran McCreesh