On Thursday 19 June 2008 02:43:12 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Nope.   What I see as a problem is that the primary author and current
> de facto maintainer is so much of an asshole that he was forcibly
> removed from the Gentoo project, which PMS is supposed to be written
> for, and has ostracized (at least) one of the package manager's
> development team with his constant not-so-subtle attacks.  Quite
> frankly, I'd prefer see Gentoo take control over the specification that
> defines the most important single feature of Gentoo and remove the
> non-Gentoo developers from its development.  No offense, but you're not
> a Gentoo developer any longer and you shouldn't have a say in how *we*
> manage ourselves.  You're more than welcome to contribute code, fork, or
> whatever the hell you want.  This is open source, after all, but that
> doesn't mean you should be allowed to hold the position of power over
> Gentoo that you've been granted.

I would like to see Gentoo grow some balls and start banning people from -dev
and other media used. I don't mean temporary bans, I mean for life.

Yes, it's not nice. Yes, Gentoo should be open for all and encourage
participation from all. However, some people have demonstrated time and time
again over quite a number of years that they wont change no matter what.
These people are posionous [1].

Whilst growing this set of balls, consider scrapping PMS I've yet to see any
tangiable gain (from a user perspective) but plently of loss (developers,
hair, temper).

I'm leaving this list as I want no part in this any longer, so I won't read
any replies.

Thanks

Roy

[1] http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645