On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:20:15 -0400
Philip Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 080717 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> > Philip Webb wrote:
> >> [2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-awk1.html
> >> '03 Jul 2008' has been added since I sent my comment to them
> >> yesterday ! However, the incorrect URL for Gentoo Technologies --
> >> www.gentoo.org -- is still there, probably because I didn't
> >> mention it in my comment, so I'll try sending them another.
> > I don't know all the details or the 'proper' way to handle
> > what you are doing. But I wanted to say thanks for spending time on
> > this.
>
> Thanks (big smile) !  It's good to have a bit of encouragement.
>
> There's really no more to say here: my initial message was about IBM
> & I reacted as might any casual reader of their page,
> wondering why they were including 8-year-old information re its
> author. I did not remember that it was also included in Gentoo docs,
> but now do.
>
> It's clear to me by now that Gentoo does the correct & sensible thing:
> reproduce the original as it was in 2000 with a prominent disclaimer.
> It's IBM which is not doing that & needs prodding: I've sent another
> comment.

Are you high?  The article was written in 2000.  It says so at the
beginning.  The information in the article pertains to that time.  You
don't go updating every article you publish every time the author's
personal details change.

Please leave IBM alone.  They were nice enough to allow us to reprint
the content of several articles written by Daniel.

--
gcc-porting,                                      by design, by neglect
treecleaner,                              for a fact or just for effect