081005 Ryan Hill wrote:
> 5 Oct 2008 "Robin H. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> For projects where the upstream has vanished off the face of the planet
>> but ... the code works fine still, there's problems
>> with either the requirements of HOMEPAGE or the repoman check.
>> Either we need special cases to declare it no longer has a homepage
>> or we need to allow the empty HOMEPAGE.
> I'd rather see "unknown" or something that implies "I looked, no luck"
> rather than "I forgot to fill this in".

As a user who sometimes checks the upstream site for further info,
I strongly support eg 'Unknown' or 'No support site can be found'.
Leaving it blank is ambiguous & might even encourage a buzy dev
not to bother trying to find a changed upstream site.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca