В Вск, 30/11/2008 в 17:09 +0200, Serkan Kaba пишет:
> Peter Volkov yazmış:
> > Also sometimes it's useful to have different HOMEPAGE for different
> > versions.
> >
> > And in general, Diego. What are you trying to improve with this change?
> > The original intention was to separate common information from all
> > ebuilds into metadata.xml. But obviously, HOMEPAGE changes from ebuild
> > to ebuild. Now if intention is separate some information from ebuild
> > into metadata.xml then, please, tell me what is the criterion for such
> > information? Why not LICENSE? Currently I don't think this change worth
> > our efforts...
> >
> LICENSE should definetely be avoided to be defined per-package. Upstream
> may decide to relicense new version of packages.

Well, actually the reason we should avoid LICENSES in metadata.xml is
that it's used by portage and possibly at some point of time it'll be
possible to filter packages based on LICENSE. But the general question
still stands: what is the criterion we should use to separate variables
from .ebuild into metadata.xml and what are the benefits of such
separation?

--
Peter.