Nicolas Sebrecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
[EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted below, on  Wed, 03 Dec 2008
07:15:55 +0100:

> I would like to go further in the Linux kernel internal comprehension.
> Could someone tell me where to find a good starting free documentation ?
>
> Most of the documentations I've found are about old kernel versions (2.4
> series).

We're getting OT so preferably mail me directly rather than on-list if
you wish to continue this, but briefly...

I've found the kernel coverage at Linux Weekly News, http://lwn.net ,
very useful.  There's stuff from beginner [1] up thru at least
intermediate level and it's a well respected and oft quoted source, plus
Jon Corbet, the primary editor, gets to (and covers) most of the various
kernel related conferences as well.  He has a book out on Linux kernel
2.6 drivers, as well.

There's also kernel newbies and other resources, but you'll find lots of
links to follow at LWN and can go from there.

---
[1] As in I don't claim to do C code in userspace, let alone kernel, but
can follow this coverage.  I do run the RCs and am starting into running
the linus git master branch, after filing and git bisecting several bugs,
so I'm progressing...