El sáb, 17-01-2009 a las 16:41 +0100, Thomas Sachau escribió:
> Marius Mauch schrieb:
> > On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:09:49 +0100
> > Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> as specified in the PMS spec [1] and stated in #gentoo-portage,
> >> RDEPEND will be set to DEPEND, if it is not defined in the ebuild
> >> itself. But devmanual [2] and developer handbook [3] both state, you
> >> have do explicitly set RDEPEND because it may be removed in the
> >> future. Since package manager have to follow the PMS spec, i would
> >> suggest to change those docs [2][3] and let them follow the PMS spec.
> >>
> >> Any problems, suggestions or anything else about this?
> >
> > It's strongly recommended to set both explicitly as the behavior could
> > change in future EAPI versions, and to ensure that you actually think
> > about which deps are build deps and which are runtime deps.
> > Also there is nothing wrong with policies being stricter than the
> > underlying spec.
> >
> > Marius
> >

> If i want to use some future EAPI (give me some reasons, why this should be
> changed there by
> default), i should think about it. But most ebuilds will stay with the
> default. I do think about
> runtime deps and build deps. In my eyes, this is similar to src_unpack and
> src_compile. They have
> defaults, noone specifies the defaults, even if they are changed in some EAPI.

You may want to change the wording in docs to make it say it's
encouraged to set both but it's not technically needed.

Note that PMS is *not* a good practice guidelenes. There are a bunch of
things that are technically valid but wrong from a QA point of view.

Regards,
--
Santiago Moisés Mola
Jabber: cooldw...@gmail.com | GPG: AAD203B5