On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 07:57:02PM -0500, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Alec Warner <anta...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > People are working on the whole 'replace cvs with git' thing on the
> > gentoo-scm list.
> I'm supposedly on that list and I haven't gotten a message all week?
> is it low traffic? or do I have a subscription/other problem.
It's fairly low traffic.

The last discussion was just under 2 weeks ago, was about how Manifests
would need to be changed to cut down on merge conflicts. The last
proposal on that was to consider a form of slim Manifest for developers
only (it would still be a full form going to rsync), where objects in
git were not explicitly tracked in the Manifest, but rather but signed
commits (not tags), as their checksums were tracked by the DVCS anyway.

Additionally, there is this pending item on a Git resource usage bug
that hurts badly during the initial clone:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-scm/msg_df7c98ec7d2e313856bec31769df407f.xml

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy