Hi all,

with the discussion about EAPI3 we have now 4 (or 7, depending on how you
count them ;) ) EAPIs available or almost available. This is getting quite
confusing.
To make our lives easier I would suggest deprecating EAPI0 and migrating
existing ebuilds over some time to EAPI1 or higher until EAPI0 can be
obsoleted at some point in the future.
I would set the start of deprecation warnings about 3 months from now and the
obsoletion quite a time later, maybe 12 months from now, when a sufficient
amount of ebuilds has been migrated.

Deprecating EAPI1 at the same time would reduce the amount of EAPIs we have to
think about, but since it has some changes like adding src_prepare migration
would not be as trivial. So I'd prefer keeping it around a bit longer.

Comments?

Patrick