On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Aaron Lebahn <cplusplus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> an EeePC. This will involve creating scripts and code that will preconfigure
> the Gentoo instalation to be optimized for the EeePC, and to contain all of
> the appropriate modules and configurations to enable all hardware on the
> EeePC.
> I own an EeePC 900 with which I wil be abe to test. I am uncertain if this
> or something similar has been done before, or if this is an appropriate
> Google SOC project. Please give feedback or questions, thankyou.

wouldn't one problem with this be that different EeePC's have
different hardware? I believe, that your's has an atom processor while
older models have a celeron.

being that I'm not a gentoo dev, and although I think the project is
worthwhile, I personally don't see that it's a gsoc worthwhile, esp
since gentoo doesn't really do it for anything else. tbh, would this
take more than a week to do? I'm not overtly familliar with the EeePC
but it doesn't seem that unless you were highly un-gentoo-ing it that
this would be a long process, given that I believe the architecture is
all x86.. (maybe x86_64?)

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com