Hi,

any project lead/member can post an answer to this mail for a status
report:

Gentoo Lisp in general:
We are working on all our problems, but some sub-projects are a bit
understaffed (e.g. Common Lisp, because pchrist is away for a year),
while Scheme is in good shape but has only one active developer at the
moment.  We get along, but help is always needed.  All our overlays
are well maintained and an active playground whose changes make it into
the tree eventually.  Project members can tell more about their field,
I guess.
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/index.xml

Gentoo GNU Emacs:
We are two people (ulm and myself), which handle the low bug load.  In
the last two years we revamped the tree and created some interesting
things for Emacs users and eased our development work.  We are mostly
in maintenance-mode because our plans are done in general:

* A developer guide how to maintain GNU Emacs and packages
* Documentation of the eclasses
* Eselect module to use one of the up to four GNU Emacs versions
  installed in parallel
* app-emacs/gentoo-syntax for ebuild writers
* small tools (emacs-updater) to ease use of Emacs
* Push a policy on packages that is flexible and easy to use
* Create test plans for packages, so architecture teams know how to
  test the package (some are still missing)
* Keyword (x86 and amd64 are mandatory) and stabilisation

We still miss:
* A user-guide, where a draft from a user is available, but needs some
  polishing.
* ulm can tell more
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/emacs/index.xml

XEmacs:
graaff is the lone wolf here and because upstream development of XEmacs
is not really on fire, he has not too much to do, I think.  He
introduced eclasses in a similar way as the GNU Emacs team.

V-Li

<URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>