On 12-05-2009 08:28:15 +0200, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
> Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > Therefore, we plan to focus on merging back the many patches and
> > extensions from our Prefix overlay into the Gentoo mainline tree.  For
> > us, this roadmap looks as follows:
> > [snip]
> I used Gentoo on MacOS X (which is part of Gentoo Prefix, isn't it ?)
> and it was very promising. I'm glad this project is now in a mature shape :)

If you mean "Gentoo for Mac OS X", then no.  "Gentoo Prefix on Mac OS X"
is a different approach than the former.  And, Gentoo Prefix is not "all
about Mac OS X".  Just to make this clear.

> About the merge, does this mean we will have to care bout other-OS
> specific options ? For example, mac os options. Or it will be the work
> of the Prefix team ?

To take your example of Mac OS X specific options, they are IMO part of
the job of the Prefix/OSX "arch team".  However, yes, we would like to
ask you to "care" about other OSes.  We don't expect you to solve the
issues, but a bug or IRC ping would be nice.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level