On Tue, May 26, 2009 4:49 pm, Tiziano Müller wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 26.05.2009, 16:19 +0200 schrieb Robert Buchholz:
[...]

>> (+) SLOT support. An implied attribute 'slot' to the 'vulnerable'
>>     and 'unaffected' tag will be introduced. This limits the scope of
>>     the range specifiers to ebuilds in the specified slot. The default
>>     is '*' meaning all slots.  [1]
> I don't think this is really a good idea since the version may or may
> not be tied to a slot (at the moment it is in most cases I know).

Yes, but in the few cases where another version is added to a lower slot, we
need to edit all the old glsas, which can turn into a real nightmare in some
cases. see bug #255116 and glsa-200804-20 for example.
Having slot support would really make things a lot easier in these cases, and
wouldn't change anything in the other cases.

--
Pierre-Yves Rofes
Gentoo Linux Security Team