Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> In last week's council meeting a policy for removal of old eclasses
> has been defined:
> ,----
> | The council voted that to remove eclasses devs should take the
> | following steps:
> |    1) Deprecate eclasses.
> |    2) Removal of all functionality relating to installing.
> |    3) After two years the eclass may be removed.
> `----
>
> A quick scan shows that the following eclasses were deprecated more
> than three years ago, and are used by no ebuild in the tree:
>
>    2002-05-25   inherit.eclass
>    2003-12-11   kde-i18n.eclass
>    2004-04-16   koffice-i18n.eclass
>    2005-09-18   jakarta-commons.eclass
>    2006-02-28   php.eclass
>    2006-02-28   php-2.eclass
>
> Do we want to remove any of these? Have I missed other candidates?

Yes:

RCS file: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/eclass/java-wsdp.eclass,v
Working file: java-wsdp.eclass
head: 1.7
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 7;     selected revisions: 7
revision 1.7
date: 2007-06-02 18:24:51 +0100;  author: nelchael;  state: Exp;  lines: +1
-102;  commitid: 5c6d4661a7e24567;
Remove content of java-wsdp.eclass, as all packages using it have been removed.

It has been removed >= 2 years ago, there were only few ebuilds using it.

--
Krzysiek Pawlik   <nelchael at gentoo.org>   key id: 0xBC555551
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...