Jeremy Olexa wrote:
>>  - Would zero-install packages be more interesting than
>>    almost-zero ones or the other way around?
>
> I don't really understand this question. Does "zero-install" mean that
> they are not installed at all? This isn't really useful, because the
> ommition of a package from the page can mean that no one has it
> installed. ;)

By zero-install I mean a package from the main tree ("gentoo") that none
of the submitters has installed.  To detect such packages I plan to
collect the list of currently in-tree packages from rsync and query the
submission database against it.

I'm aware that with currently ~13,000 packages in tree and ~4,000
packages in the Gentoo Smolt database the zero-install list holds ~7,000
packages.  With more submission I expect that number to decrease
strongly in the future.

With that in mind, what do you think?

Sebastian