Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> (so that smoltGui can actually be
> used at all since it doesn't take a --server parameter.)

Good catch.  Just opened a new task for it here:
http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/issues/show/67

>> Before submission you can view all the data you submit.
>> Near the bottom should be a long list of package details, right above
>> the privacy metrics table.
>
> No, I don't get anything like that.

I see.  More on that further down.

> I get a *lot* of errors at the
> beginning; a *big* stream of:
>
>   ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.0:/org/freedesktop
>   /Hal/Manager: dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
>   org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message,
>   1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.27" (uid=0 pid=17288
>   comm="/usr/bin/python)
>   interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member="Introspect"
>   error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.0" (uid=0
>   pid=1668 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))
>   [...several hundreds more snipped...]

Sorry to hear.  I haven't touched Smolt dbus code though and I cannot do
anything about it at the moment.

> And at the end:
>
>   Smolt has collected four types of information:
>
>   General
>      Default run level: 3
>      Language: en_US.UTF-8
>      OS: Gentoo Base System release 2.0.1
>
>   Devices
>      [...snipped...]
>
>   File system-related
>      [...snipped...]
>
>   Distribution-specific
>      No data, yet

That "No data, yet" indicates you're not running the correct version of
the Smolt client.  Either that's a plain 1.3.x release or the "master"
branch from my repo, not the "gentoo" one.

Have you installed  app-admin/gentoo-smolt-9999  through portage?
It has a blocker on  !app-admin/smolt  inside and

  EGIT_BRANCH="gentoo"

in the first line.  Have you installed it off the overlay through

  sudo ebuild foo merge

or so?

Sebastian