Dawid Węgliński wrote:
sapphire ~ # qlist openrc | grep doc
/usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example
/usr/share/doc/openrc/net.default

As said, I already did that. In fact, that was the first thing I was looking for. After seeing post here about radical changes in v0.5, that was the first thing I did. But net.example showed NO obvious changes. Nevertheless, I tried both- my original net and one that I derived from net.example anew.

Just for the fun of it, I reemerged openrc-0.5-r1 just now, edited net.example, and tried both- my original net and edited net.example.

This time, machine boots and sets both lo and eth0 without any error message, but it fails to set default route, so without manual "route add default gw 192.168.1.1" net is dead. And machine is stuck at "checking local filesystems " for a whole few minutes now without apprently doing anything, but this is besides the point here.

And, for the umpteenth time:

1. openrc was remerged with default "oldnet" flag

2. I did check net.example

3. All I asked is for this things to be available. Few words, if nothing else. Preferrably on news, so I can get them after emerge but bugzilla is also acceptable. Forums are nice, but not adequate communication channel for such purpose.

I found only one chap with a problem close to mine on forum, and he was left without an answer:

net.eth0 doesn't work at boot <http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-797108-highlight-openrc.html>