Hi,

I have a somewhat similar need and to satisfy it, I'm building packages
in a chroot that has all the common packages then one chroot per
variation. It's probably nowhere scalable enough for you though and
would most likely but much more efficient if package building could be
wrapped so that it builds the package for one setup, then reconfigures
the package and build it for the new setup without cleaning everything
in the middle. Some scripting could probably do that but then I think
this joins well with multiple ABIs discussions as it basically means
portage needs to be able to build the same package several times with
different configuration.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo