On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:09:07 -0700
Brian Harring <ferri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:07:52PM +0200, Rennn 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
> > Am 28.03.2010 21:04, schrieb Brian Harring:
> > > Instead, if the purpose is a "thanks", why not every once in a while
> > > put up a news item discussing the tools in question?  Such an
> > > approach allows folk to focus in on whatever is useful/interesting
> > > (regardless of origination) and give the same 'thanks' angle and
> > > public exposure for the author in question.
> >
> > Like the "Gentoo Weekly/Monthly Newsletter" (R.I.P.)?
>
> Pretty much the notion, although I'd avoid the monthly angle- that
> seems to be the downfall of GWN and kin.
> ~harring

I still try to put up articles of interest whenever someone sends 'em to PR's
way, or when I find out there's some interesting use of Gentoo out there. The
Misa guitar comes to mind. But covering each and every little bit of software
written for Gentoo is too much work for one guy, or even a folks. 'Specially
since they so often go defunct after a very short time -- I'm thinking of all
the Portage frontends in particular.