В Чтв, 10/06/2010 в 23:42 -0700, Alec Warner пишет:
> > I don't agree with that, but just out of curiosity, is it possible to use a
> > web interface? phpldapadmin or something
>
> The problem with phpldapadmin is that it potentially opens up LDAP to
> the world.

Require everybody to forward connection through ssh to get ldap web
interface? It's not hard to setup such tunnel manually or e.g. use
xinetd for automatic tunnel creation on request... Another option is to
use https with ssl client side certificates). I think it's not hard for
developers to generate certificates on dev.gentoo.org and import them
into browsers.

> >> Bonus plans:
> >> - Maybe move mail aliases to LDAP? We'd lose comments :-(.
>
> Not if you added a comments field ;)

+1. Comments are useful (e.g. for non @gentoo.org mail addresses) and
btw, it's good idea if willikins will show them too.

--
Peter.