Paweł Hajdan, Jr. posted on Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:39:18 +0200 as excerpted:

> We need leadership. I remember very well when the leader of one of the
> Gentoo projects I participate in reminded me to always say "thanks" to
> people who are helping us on Bugzilla. A small thing, but wasn't he
> right?

=:^)

Thanks for that encouraging word... to somebody.

Perhaps said leader might be named?  While not publicly naming names on
the negative side is arguably a good thing, isn't publicly crediting
people by name for positives like this, when the opportunity arises, part
of the solution, not the problem?

(Unless there's a specific reason not to, in this case.  A simple "Thanks
to that unnamed person" statement would then indicate that the name was
deliberately withheld, while keeping it positive.  IMO, of course.)