On 2010.06.28 14:43, Thomas Anderson wrote:
[snip]

> Not taking technical sides in this thread simply because I have no
> time to
> argue it at length, BUT:
>
>     Simply because a topic has been discussed to *death* does not
> mean
> the
>     correct answer was obtained, only that a majority agree it is
> what
> they
>     want. And while consensus may be enough to be considered 'right'
> in social
>     situations(politics, etc.), the second the discussion becomes
> technical the
>     opinion of the masses becomes irrelevant. All that then matters
> is
> getting
>     the technical part objectively right, which IS possible, despite
> what some
>     may say.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
> --
> ---------
> ~Thomas Anderson~
> ---------

All of engineering involves compromise.

There is no point in waiting for a perfect solution to an engineering
issue if that solution is so far away nobody wants to wait.

The compromises become political discussions and we have seen plenty of
them already. As its 'the masses' that will implement the solution, not
the idealists, its time to go with the compromise that has been
hammered out elsewhere ... unless of course the idealists have a patch
already.

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford