On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:30:24 +0200
Jeroen Roovers <j...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:05:19 +0100
> Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > You appear to be assuming that those pushing the --as-needed
> > solution have it finished. This is far from the case. There's still
> > a lot of work that would need to be done, and that work will have
> > to be carried on by every developer indefinitely as new versions of
> > packages come out. It's a case of "the wrong thing requires quite a
> > lot more work before it's ready, and once it's ready everyone will
> > have to carry on working on it forever".
>
> Why do you care? Everybody intimately involved in Exherbo and
> caring about it tells me you forked.

I use Gentoo, as you well know from every other time the "anyone who
ever touches any other distribution is a traitor and should go away
and never do anything with Gentoo again" line has been tried.

I care because it's a huge waste of everyone's time that's all happened
because one developer refused to admit that he was in effect advocating
the use of a flag in the same category as -ffast-math, even when shown
how it would break correct code.

> If you didn't and are still leeching off our ebuild tree, then please
> file --as-needed bugs like everyone else, or shut up.

Exherbo doesn't and never has used Gentoo ebuilds. Again, as you know
fine well.

--
Ciaran McCreesh