On Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:29:57 Lars Wendler wrote:
> now that openrc has no active upstram anymore [1] what shall we do? To be
> honest I was really looking forward for openrc/baselayout-2 finally
> becoming stable in Gentoo but this seems to be quite implausible now that
> openrc has no upstream anymore.
> If there's anyone out there who would volunteer to maintain openrc, please
> step up now or else I fear we must abandon openrc which would be very sad.

like i already told William a few months ago, it really doesnt matter.  openrc
was a Gentoo project to start with and since it is all based in git, there's
nothing for us to do -- we already have an openrc git repo on the Gentoo git
server.

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/openrc.git;a=summary
-mike