> It seems like few of our fellow developers don't know how to track
> down
> packages that don't respect LDFLAGS. Adding -Wl,--hash-style=gnu is a
> good way
> to do that. I would like to see this linker flag enabled by default on
> LDFLAGS
> (or at least for the dev/ profiles for now). Do you agree?

I would really really *really* appreciated if our beloved arch testers ( at
least for linux amd64/x86
because they are the first who stabilize a package ) make this default
on their build boxes. It is annoying to mark a package stable when it has
*clear* QA problems.
Please make your build box stricter on QA rules and don't
mark a package stable that easy. Marking a package stable with multiple QA
warnings, is forcing QA team to either fix a *stable* package, which is
violating the policy, or doing some useless revbumps to fix QA issues which
shouldn't be there if arch testers did
actual testing at the first place

Thanks

--