Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> said:

> > > I would really really *really* appreciated if our beloved arch
> > > testers ( at least for linux amd64/x86 because they are the first
> > > who stabilize a package ) make this default on their build boxes.
> >
> > sounds like someone needs to update/extend the arch testing
> > documentation.  random e-mails posted to random dev lists are quickly
> > forgotten.  new arch testers however should be reading the arch
> > tester documnt.
>
> I will update the guide for amd64 HT and I will strongly advice the
> rest of the arches to do that as well. Using my QA powerzzz I will be
> quite strict from now on with arches making such stabilizations.

i agree on this.
packages on which portage complains about stuff like

dohtml: bla file not found

should not be marked stable. arch testers should not let stuff like this
pass by. of course, neither should developers.

but then again, we need better documentation of all of this.

lyckily, the wiki effort has been killed off by a recent cabal</sarcasm>

kind regards
Thilo