On Saturday 14 August 2010 17:00:38 Markos Chandras wrote:
[...]
> > > Thats because I didn't. I've fixed more than 40 bug wrt LDFLAGS. Do you
> > > expect me to subscribe to 40 different ML and send them upstream?
> >
> > you don't need to subscribe, there's usually an AUTHORS file with emails
> > you can use...
>
> As I said, I thought that maintainers was responsible to do it since they
> follow all the bug progress after all. So according to you I should do all
> the work. Tempting

yes please; I consider not doing it a bit rude as the maintainers will _have_
to clean after you.

> > > The
> > > patch is there, the maintainer is CC on the bug. All he has to do it to
> > > send this damn patch to upstream.
> >
> > I can use the same reasoning and ask:
> > Why don't you do it in the first place if that's "all" ?
>
> Cause I cannot maintain all the tree myself

you're confused; contributing to an(other) OSS project (and retaining
authorship of your patches & improvements) does not have much to do with
maintaining a package.

[...]
> > > I only do QA fixing. If you have problem touching your
> > > packages just say it
> >
> > I don't have problems with anyone touching "my" packages (esp. when
> > they're herds packages...); though when I'm not happy with the technical
> > details I let it be known and _really_ appreciate when the comments are
> > taken into account instead of aggressively discarded by trying to argue
> > why it's not been perfect in the first place ;)
> >
> > A.
>
> I don't think what I do is perfect. But all this kind of judgement is
> quite demotivated I must say.

Don't be demotivated. The only "judgement" I made is on the technical side and
not on the global goal; on that side you can just fix it, get thanks & kudos
and be done :)

A.