Hi,

I followed this discussion quietly until now - I wonder why no one (?) has
mentioned the autotool-utils.eclass which is dedicated for this purpose (la-
file removal, static-libs USE-flag, etc), I think. This eclass also provides a
function "remove_libtool_files" which does what "delete_libtool_archives" would
do, but it also checks for situation where the files would be needed.

On Sunday 31 October 2010 05:28:42 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> Hi.
>
> As outlined in the global email about this issue, this email is to start
> a thread about the eutils function. Please reply to this thread if you
> have any comments about this point.
>
> 1. Add a function to eutils to deal with the removal of the .la files.
>
> delete_libtool_archives() { find "${@:$D}" -name '*.la' -delete }
>
> That function was suggested by Diego, but Arfrever has argued that we
> should replace : with - as '"${@:$D}" expands to a subarray containing
> elements starting with element with index $D (where element 0 is $0)'.
> The point in having this function in eutils is to ensure we use a
> consistent way to address the .la files. This will also make it much
> easier to adapt or review this function if needed.

Cheers,

Christopher