2010-11-03 06:18:01 Zac Medico napisaƂ(a):
> When you need to use a new EAPI, why not just create a sub-profile that
> uses the existing 'eapi' file support? For example, you could create
> 10.1 profiles that inherit from the 10.0 profiles, and put anything
> requiring the new EAPI in the 10.1 sub-profiles.

Your suggestion would require that hundreds of packages are manually masked in
base profile
and unmasked in this new subprofile.
E.g. it is planned that dev-python/setuptools will have
"python_abis_2.5-jython" USE flag.
This flag should be masked on architectures, which don't support Java/Jython.
use.mask and
package.use.mask files in base profile don't support such a USE flag, so
dev-python/setuptools
and all its (at least indirect) reverse dependencies would have to be masked in
base profile.

If a future EAPI allows a new character in package names, then my suggestion
would allow to
handle such packages.

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis