On 01/27/2011 09:05 AM, Matthew Summers wrote:
> Now, as to whether to include the value ESVN_PASSWORD in the ebuild, I would
> not do that. Personally, I would setup svn+ssh and use an ssh key to access
> the repo. I do this with git using the git eclass. I am prompted for a
> password/key by portage in this case. To automate this using an ssh key, you
> can just use a passwordless key or setup ssh-agent. Also note, the key will
> be sought out first in /root/.ssh (I think it looks there first anyway).

In this case, you could potentially have a problem if you have
FEATURES=userpriv enabled, since that would cause src_unpack to execute
as the "portage" user.

> Regarding your final question, I think that portage will ask you to enter
> the password if it tries to access something over HTTPS requiring
> authentication, but I am not 100% certain at the moment.

In this case, depending on the FETCHCOMMAND behavior, you could have a
problem with FEATURES=parallel-fetch since it launches fetches in the
background. So, if background fetch doesn't fail gracefully, you might
want to set FEATURES="-parallel-fetch" in /etc/make.conf.

Also, you could set PROPERTIES=interactive in the ebuild, in order
ensure that the fetcher is executed in the foreground.
--
Thanks
Zac