> > Do you want to reject signed commits if
> > - keys are not publicly available [1]
>
> no.  e-mail warnings will be issued so that the dev can upload it
> after the fact.

Why? I'm pretty sure someone will forget. (Or try to trick the system.)

> > - keys are revoked [3]
>
> yes

Only if the signature was made after the date/time of the revocation.

> > - keys are not listed in userinfo.xml (current or former devs) [4]
>
> no.  you can sign a key with your personal key and that's good enough.

Heh. Yes, if there is a validity that can be checked in an automated way. Which
means a signature on the userid. A chain of trust can of course be implemented
in many ways, but requiring the user to download the entire strong set is not
an option. :o)

The @gentoo.org email addresses are advantageous because they provide a
pre-existing identification. Which is as strong as we will ever get with this
mechanism (I think).

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex