On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:21:40PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 06, 2011 14:46:06 William Hubbs wrote:
> > we just got the following bug report for openrc today [1].
> >
> > On a gentoo 64 bit system, /lib is a symbolic link to /lib64, and this
> > causes breakage in openrc.
>
> that specific report sounds like using /run would fix things ?

I haven't really looked at using /run for anything in openrc on linux,
but that might be possible once we have it installed in baselayout.

I don't think it would fix this issue though.

> as for the paths, openrc should be using the paths it installs into.  so if
> we're installing into /lib64/rc..., then that's what we should be using.

We are installing into /lib/rc, but /lib is a symlink on 64 bit systems,
so we are having an issue resolving the path.

> > The simplest fix for this would be for us to add /libexec to baselayout
> > and start using it for platform-agnostic code. We have /usr/libexec, so
> > I don't know why we don't have /libexec. Should we?
>
> same answer as last time people have asked about /libexec: no.  we dont need
> it, and it's ugly cruft that no other distro ive seen uses, and this isnt
> something we need to differentiate Gentoo.

The same thing should be applied to /usr/libexec then shouldn't it?
(just asking for more info here)

William