On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:06:23 +0200
Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Il giorno mer, 14/09/2011 alle 12.38 +0200, Michał Górny ha scritto:
> >
> > Honestly, I'm ready to remove all relevant code in
> > autotools-utils.eclass and fix all ebuilds in gx86 & Sunrise using
> > it. But if that's not the path we're going to take, I'd like to
> > avoid changing API then.
>
> If that means that you won't just add --enable-debug/--disable-debug
> on ebuilds just because they declare IUSE=debug then please do so.
>
> It's one of the worst ideas I have ever seen implemented :|

Well, the other thing is IUSE=static-libs. I don't like it either but
this is probably a bigger case than the other.

The main resolution as I see it, is to simply drop IUSE=static-libs
from a lot of ebuilds where static libs aren't actually required by
anything or anyone.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny