Il giorno mer, 14/09/2011 alle 22.03 +0200, Michał Górny ha scritto:

> The main resolution as I see it, is to simply drop IUSE=static-libs
> from a lot of ebuilds where static libs aren't actually required by
> anything or anyone.

I would point at an old post of mine:

http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2009/09/28/removing-la-files-for-dum-w-uncertain-people

just to give an idea of where you can safely drop static-libs
altogether. Or to the most recent one on the topic:

http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2011/08/29/useless-flag-static-libs

that ignores one obvious case (the one where you have NO headers in
either the package or linked packages — the latter is the case for most
X11 libs nowadays).

And make sure you check against the version of  the package you're
adding static-libs to, before saying that it does install headers (or
the other way around).

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/