On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 01:21:55AM +0200, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
wrote:
> 2011-09-15 09:55:08 Ciaran McCreesh napisał(a):
> > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:35:21 +0200
> > Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > Could you point me to at least a single program not supporting dots
> > > in useflags? My quick check shows that all PMs handle them well, quse
> > > and euse as well.
> >
> > Hrm, it's rather disappointing that they're accepted everywhere. That
> > really shouldn't happen... My excuse for Paludis is that I never quite
> > got around to passing in additional flags to validation of names, and
> > dots are legal in exheres-0
>
> There is no reason for Gentoo to be worse than Exherbo and not allow dots in
> USE flags.

Seriously Arfrever, drop the rhetoric here, and go fix the profile
compatibility issue.  Everytime you bring up dot's in use, you ignore
compatibility, and every damn time it gets brought up I keep having
to repeat this.  It's not productive and this has repeated for at
least a year now.

People who want this need to sort the compat issue rather than
sticking their heads in the sand.

~brian