On 13 March 2012 11:02, Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> The previous council's decision does not prevent this same glep from
>> going to the council again (decisions are not forever.)
>> Some folks seem to think that taking glep55 back to the council is not
>> allowed somehow (or is perhaps futile, but that is a different issue
>> ;p) Having the full notes would be helpful in determining why it was
>> turned down back then; I'm sure a copy of the notes exist.
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20100823.txt

Well that was insightful. As suspected,, there was a lot of people
saying "Yeaahh, I don't like it", and concluding there were problems
with it, but the actual technical issues still haven't been presented
to us.

While they're still batting for the alternative solutions, which there
are known potential issues with.

Or did I read it selectively?

Can somebody present a real ( or even theoretical ) problem that could
arise from having the EAPI in the filename that isn't some abstract
hand-waving?

Not trying to be a troll here, but really, I still haven't seen any.

--
Kent

perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,
3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"