On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> yes, the patch here is trivial.  it removes 1 line of unused code and has
> fixed
> a lot of other packages.  deflecting the argument to a flawed system of your
> own
> creation doesn't change it.  if you're worried about gnutls breakage, you've
> only yourself to blame.

I'm worried that one developer thinks that he can make a change to
_the_ base library for the tree over a weekend, without informing
anybody else of his plan if not one day before.

I'm worried that Gentoo's health depends on the whim of a person who
can't see the needs of others and only care about his own.

So unless you're so full of yourself that you still think it's okay
for you to do this by announcing it the day before, start actually
working _with_ others instead than _against_ other: fix your crap that
is blocking glibc 2.16, and see how soon the others can fix theirs.

If you can't do that, then I'd suggest you step down and take a
vacation, because you're totally out of your mind.