El mié, 12-09-2012 a las 20:29 +0200, Jeroen Roovers escribió:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:59:01 +0200
> Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Currently, package maintainers are CCed to security bugs when their
> > are needed. The problem is that, once maintainers add a fixed version
> > and tell security team they are ok to get it stabilized, maintainers
> > are kept CCed until bug is closed by security team. This usually means
> > getting a lot of mail after some time when security team discuss if a
> > GLSA should be filled or not, if security bot adds some comment...
> > some of that comments are applied to really old bugs that need no
> > action from maintainers.
>
> So you would want to be re-CC'd when it is time to remove the vulnerable
> versions, I guess.

Personally, I have never been asked by them to remove old vulnerable
versions (and this refers to bugs I get from gnome and dotnet herds)

> Also, I have problems with stating "getting too much mail" as the
> actual problem.

The problem is that one and, also, getting a comment months after the
fixed version was stabilized with a comment like "GLSA vote = no" or
similar. That comment is only useful to security team.

> Perhaps your brain or your computer can smartly filter
> them out?

Perhaps things can be enhanced to not send useless mails that will need
to get removed just after they are get, this is pretty annoying when I
fetch a ton of mails after being out during August.

> > Maybe would be interesting to change the policy to unCC maintainers
> > again when their action is no longer required.
>
> You can un-CC yourself. I don't see why security@ should be doing the
> legwork.

It shouldn't be so hard to do, they can do it just when they CC arches,
instead of relaying some random team member to do it himself once a
useless message is received