On 18/11/2012 20:28, Greg KH wrote:
> But note, we are moving that file out of pciutils (and the usb.ids file
> out of usbutils) and they will eventually be generated from the udev
> package itself, as it holds the master hardware database.  But that's a
> totally different topic than the one at hand, and is still being worked
> on by the developers of the different upstream packages.

*cough* Gentoo already moved them out of the respective packages into
hwids btw, which I've been bumping almost daily for a while and weekly
now because I got bored.

And while at it I'm also always submitting any new data to the master
databases since I end up often enough having some extra gadget around...

(If you're thinking of replacing pci/usb ids with a formatted complex
database, yai! Finally you guys followed my suggestion from 2008 ;)).

</off topic>

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/