On 12/17/12 7:32 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> So what should I teach?  Here's what I've got off the top of my head:
> Please comment.  If it gets systematized enough, it can be a guide to
> future devs too.  Everything will be creative commons.

I think it's worth to mention somewhere that although packages take
longer to compile than downloading binaries, people don't have to
_watch_ the compilation, and many things can be done e.g. overnight.

Also, remember that Google's ChromeOS takes a lot of things from Gentoo,
including the package manager and many ebuilds. The idea here is that it
has applications in the industry.

Oh, unbundling libraries _might_ be valuable too. Or automagic
dependencies and other such packaging issues.

Paweł