On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> El mar, 12-02-2013 a las 19:43 +0000, Fabio Erculiani escribió:
>> I am starting to believe that this is yet another good reason for
>> having official ebuilds building binaries off gentoo-sources through
>> genkernel. Pretty much the same I do in Sabayon since 2007.
>>

> I think shouldn't have any problems on providing them also as an
> alternative, the problem is who would maintain that builds (as I guess
> Sabayon is using different sources than gentoo and, then, probably not
> all chosen options for Sabayon will work on Gentoo :/)

If the goal is providing a general purpose kernel that's based on
genpatches (plus BFQ and aufs3) and could be used in official live
images, the current sabayon kernels could work just fine for Gentoo.
They are coming directly from Linus' (or gregkh for stable releases)
git repo. Upstreaming sabayon-kernel.eclass and kernel binary ebuilds
is something I'd be interested in, as long as other devs here are
willing to help me out as well.
But I don't want to go off-topic too much.

--
Fabio Erculiani