> Has anyone asked the upstream linux-firmware developers about these
> files?

I don't know. I haven't, for my part. But maybe we should first try
to produce a more complete list, instead of reporting each file
separately? Given that most of the files are being distributed since
years, another few days cannot matter.

> thanks for the detailed descriptions, much appreciated.

> I think this is something that the Board needs to decide, after
> discussing it with our lawyers, it's not something that non-legal
> people (like myself) should be saying is the definitive answer.

I fully agree. And IANAL, so anything that I say about license issues
should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ulrich