Markos Chandras wrote:
> > I explain to you what happened
>
> "getting stuff done" is not an answer. I still don't understand why
> stable keywords had to be added directly. Do you understand why Mike
> did that or just playing smart here?

To me it's obvious that he did it because it made something easier
for him. By breaking the Gentoo rule he got something done.

> Instead of you giving me cryptic and "smart" answers, you could
> have explained to me why it was necessary and job done.

I have no idea what exactly became easier for him, and what it is may
be none of our business.

> > and you, a recruiter, proceed to threaten me in case I want to become a
> > developer.
> >
> > And people wonder if anything is wrong with Gentoo recruitment..
>
> If you can't play by the rules, either try to change them or go away
> or at least try to explain why you break them.

Again, I guess you have to make Mike go away now.

On rules:

It's very easy to create bad rules while having the best intentions.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

It takes immense effort to change such rules, and an establishment
which has grown fond of them. It sadly seems much easier to maintain
a whole separate portage tree than to fix broken rules. :\

That said, I don't know what route I'll choose if I ever have to.

//Peter