On 24/03/13 23:12, Markos Chandras wrote:

<hwoar...@gentoo.org <mailto:hwoar...@gentoo.org>> wrote:

 >>> And what if it breaks again in the future? Should we go over the same
 >>> discussion again?
 >>

 >> Can't this be restated as "Shouldn't we tree clean it now since it
 >> could have bugs in the future?"? Tree cleaning packages over future
 >> hypothetical bugs seems like bad policy.
 >

 > Well, even though I wasn't happy to see tvtime getting tree-cleaned,
I understand that Gentoo doesn't work with hired packagers.  This isn't
Ubuntu or RedHat Linux.  Gentoo packagers don't maintain what they're
not interested in.

 > In the end it's another program that will end up in my ~/bin directory.

Why? Don't you want to work with me and maintain it together? Why keep
it working just for you?

I can do that. Though the current ebuild seems to work just fine. There's no "alsa" USE flag and it builds with automake 1.13.