On 2013-03-31, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 04:45:50PM +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote
>
>> Those 70-*  and 80-* are in udev pkg_postinst, this news item,
>> everywhere... can all 3 be deleted if you haven't modified them yourself.
>>
>> So that leaves one... local.rules... dunno about that. I'm curious.
>
>   One paragraph you should add to the news item is...

>   Users who change interface names will need to search, as root, for
> references to eth[0-9] in their config files.  Then they will have to

"references to *their network devices* in their config files. [...]"

And maybe provide something like

"If you want a quick way to generate a list of network devices affected
by udev persistency rules, run:

   grep -o 'NAME="[^"]*"' /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules"

although I don't know for sure how reliable is this in other
systems/shells.

> change the config files to reflect the new names.  At least the
> following search is suggested...
>
> grep -rl eth[0-9] /etc /var/lib
>
> Also any custom firewall/routing/network scripts in other locations
> should be searched for references to eth[0-9].

Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/