On Fri, 3 May 2013 16:41:33 +0200
Jeroen Roovers <j...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 May 2013 16:15:35 +0200
> hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > We already get QA warnings for severe compiler
> > warnings with a note that it should be reported upstream.

> But not all of them.

I'm not sure what these warnings accomplish really.  They're nice to see if
you're trying to debug something, but in that case you're probably already
looking through the log.  I don't think anyone actually reports them upstream,
and if they do, if upstream actually finds them useful.  I think they're just
noise most of the time (and if I learned anything from the recent thread about
displaying messages only on first install it's that people think we already
output too much noise).  Do others find them useful?

--
gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets