Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina schrieb:
> On 05/21/2013 09:20 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:

>>> Uhm, automagic stabilization without maintainer ok? This sounds like a
>>> bad idea.
>>>
>>> Doing a batch CC-ing after maintainer gave his ok or anything similar,
>>> which starts, when someone actually aproved the stable going is all ok,
>>> but doing this automaticly may get packages become stable, which are not
>>> intended to become so and should have never been there.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Thomas Sachau
>>> Gentoo Linux Developer
>>>

>> If you don't read your bugmail in 30 days then that is a different
>> problem. I like the way Paweł handles this at the moment. 30 days is
>> enough time for active maintainers to object. We just can't afford
>> waiting months for inactive maintainers to act.

Who said, that bugmail is ignored? Repeating myself, it may be
accidently deleted by the dev or some software (hint: spam filters), it
may actually even be ignored to re-use the bug later. Since i dont
remember even seing a hint for the "will stable in 30 days without
objection", the arch addition is even more a bad surprise for a maintainer.

> I have to agree very strongly with this sentiment.  If I'm ignoring my
> bugmail for 30 days and there are no (new) active bugs against the
> package it should be stabilized.  The only time this shouldn't happen is
> if there is a bug in the new version which isn't present in the old version.

See above

> We all need to learn to either be more responsive or stop complaining
> when other people fix our stuff.  If you don't respond to your bugmail
> in 30 days then "active" maintainer is a bit of a stretch unless you
> have devaway setup.

So with a devaway setup pointing to another dev, which wont get CCed nor
asked, so cannot deny it, the package would become stable too, even when
it should not. ;-)

--

Thomas Sachau
Gentoo Linux Developer