On 05/28/2013 11:35 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
On Mon, 27 May 2013 16:38:09 -0400
"Anthony G. Basile" <bluen...@gentoo.org> wrote:

I was about to add a use expand flag for monkeyd (a tiny web server) and
there is a notice in base/make.default to discuss use expand flags on
the list first.  There are about 9 plugins for monkeyd similar to apache
which can be turned on/off by a configure switch. It makes sense to
follow the same logic as apache here.  There are no dependencies on
monkeyd and so no use-deps.  Seems very safe. Any objections?
Could you elaborate a bit more on the flags? Please list them, shortly
explain and tell us whether you expect the number of plugins to expand
and how fast.

Sorry I already committed this with Chainsaw's ack.  Anyhow, they are:

auth - Provide HTTP Basic Authentication
cheetah - Provide a shell-like command line interface
#cgi - Provide the traditional CGI interface
dirlisting - Show an HTML listing of the content of a directory
#fastcgi - Provide FastCGI proxy support
liana - Build your own network layer through monkeyd
logger - Log requests and common errors
mandril - Restrict incoming connections based on the IP address or URI request
polarssl - Provide HTTPS using PolarSSL v1.*.

The ones that are commented out are global flags and so I did not make them part of the USE_EXPAND, they are still treated as plugins by monkeyd and I have them commented out in monkeyd_plugins.desc with an explanation. Upstream has an entire plugin system which they use extensively and expect contributors to use plugins. There have always been a couple of changes with each bump, eg between 1.1.1 and 1.2.0 regarding ssl. So I expect the same in the future.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]