On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 08:00:22PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
> If a switch only changes the default in a config file, a flag is
> useless.

Ok, maybe so in this case.

> If a switch toggles a feature that does not introduce additional
> dependencies, is small and can be toggled from within the app, a flag
> is useless.

If someone never wants the feature in the first place, and they can save
space and build time by not building or installing the man pages,
executables, config files, etc for it, forcing it onto their systems is
an unnecessary waste of build time and bloating their systems.

> If a switch toggles a install of a tiny file which most people either
> want or don't care about, a flag is useless.

 This is possible, but I haven't seen any cases of this.

William