Am 13.06.2013 07:44, schrieb Michał Górny:
> Dnia 2013-06-12, o godz. 13:23:04
> Michael Orlitzky <mich...@orlitzky.com> napisał(a):
>
>> We need worse support for overlays, i.e. no. Having to use >3 overlays
>> defeats the purpose of a QA'd tree. Everything in an (official)
>> overlay should be in package.mask instead. The main reason it isn't is
>> because nobody wants to use CVS. For good examples, see sunrise or
>> gentoo-haskell.
>
> Sunrise is not that good example. I liked to use it as an example but
> over time you start to see how degenerated it becomes. It seems that
> the bond between people is pretty poor there, and many of the packages
> lack proper maintenance.
>
> Some of them simply don't build at all and wait for a random Sunrise
> user to fix them. Then they lay unmaintained once again, and the story
> repeats.

Then the policies in sunrise need to be more strict: If it is mentioned
in the bug, that the version in sunrise does not build anymore, it
should be dropped from sunrise if there is no fix in some timeframe [1].
Of course this puts more workload on the sunrise-team as they have to
monitor the bugs and respond accordingly.

- René

[1] Dunno, perhaps two weeks if noone responds "will fix it", four weeks
else.